Monday, September 7, 2009

For Harold

A friend of mine, Harold Sensor, died this weekend and I just found out about it today.

Harold had crooked teeth and shaved his head, but he was a happy man, a fun guy, and a very good friend. He talked nice about people or didn't talk about them at all.

He always wanted to buy dinner, share a cigar, or otherwise shoot the bull.

Sometimes Harold was a little goofy, often he was maybe a little too smart, but never was he mean or vindictive and he was always there. He answered his phone when I called to complain and he laughed at my stupid jokes.

We shared mutual friends, contented heartburn after dinner, and usually we were glad to have run into one another.

With Harold, there was no reason to fight, no mean spirits to contend, and nothing too rude or obnoxious not meant as a joke.

I am glad to have known Harold Sensor and he is one of the characters who've storied my life that I won't easily forget or regret knowing.

So take a worthwhile rest, Harold, on a comfortable cloud. But not for long, knowing you, I'm sure you'll be back, somewhere, sometime.

I will watch for you.

--Read more coherent stuff from Aaron by visiting his main blog at Aaron's EnvironMental Corner - where the environment is looked at mentally. Or something like that. Or just Twitter: Tweet Me

1 comment:

  1. Hearold will syrely be missed by all of his friends.
    William L. Cobb (Walking Eagle)

    ReplyDelete